I want this to be a place where I share my thoughts on the things I love; whether something inspirational or random...and in doing so, I hope you will be encouraged and blessed from my posts! Much love, Kallayah :)
Popular Posts
Wednesday, April 17, 2013
With a Heavy Heart
I'm sure most (probably all) of you have heard of the Boston shooting that happened yesterday (it's still Tuesday over here). I can't express the sorrow that I felt in my stomach when I heard the news...especially since it reminded me of the shooting that my mom and I experienced a few months back. Usually when I hear about things like this, it scares me a little and then I think "oh that's really sad, but at least it wasn't us" and you NEVER think something like that would happen to you because we all get this mentality that we're invincible. Anyway, after the shooting, it made me see things differently so I cant imagine the terror and shock for all the survivors and as many people were hurt, I'm thankful that it was only 3 that passed away because I know that the bombs were intended to kill more. Just an hour before we found out about the bomb, my class found out that one of our fellow students doesnt have all she needs with her visa (she is from out of the country) so she has to go back home and then hopefully is going to be able to return. I would say that I had an amazing Saturday but then things really turned sour on Sunday. There are so many things that I dont understand and my heart feels down right now if I'm completely honest. I think part of it too, is that in class we've been learning things that are really challenging the way we think and act. There's been issues that have been brought to the table that I thought were dealt with and it doesnt look like there's going to be an easy way out. I guess though, I should be looking for the way THROUGH this instead of OUT of it. We literally have had no free time this week-I personally wake up at 5am (8am for Washington people) and then I work for the guest center (mini hotel) here, till about 8 am. We have a quick breakfast and then its the first part of my classes which end at noon, where we immediately have to have lunch since the cafeteria is only open for about an hour. Then right after that is skill training (music, acting, singing etc), then dance classes, then dinner, then meetings, and then I finally get home and get to skype people after 8pm. One thing I've been learning this week (and I want to keep it short since this is my personal blog and I need to write on the general one as well) is that if you dont really understand God's love for you, it's going to come out in the way you see yourself and the way you treat others. Really an eye opener for me. Please be praying..this week has been difficult, thanks so much!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment