Popular Posts

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Rise up on wings like eagles

There have been so many things that have taken place this last week! I started my morning work duties which made the days long because we would have to get up at 5am and then BE at our work location by 6am...and the only catch with that was that my job is on the other side of campus so it's a good 5-10 minute walk. The people I'm working with and for are really nice so the mornings are always a highlight to the day but definitely keeps us busy. Usually right after work, we go to worship, and then class till noon, then lunch, then skill classes, dance, and then dinner, meetings and finally get to go home after that. I'm thankful that the days are different though because on Monday mornings we have worship at the Ohana court, Tuesday I believe is the Prayer room and this week we were praying for injustice issues which Tuesday was about Human Trafficing, and then Wednesday was when we had Bible reading with our little groups and since these particular bibles we have are in script form, we all read different parts and it makes it come so much more alive so that was really cool. Thursday I think was the day that we were in the Prayer room again and we were praying for orphans and that whole situation going on in Panama. It's really neat to see how God uses things like making movies, photos, dance and such to really make a difference in ways that you wouldn't be able to in any other way. Friday was just worship in my class. I learned some ballet this week so that was a challenge and we also started hula so that was another thing that was a challenge. It's weird because all of these things happened in this week but we were so busy that it seems like it's been longer then 5 days. There were hip hop auditions this week too which I didnt get in to the dances but it was more something where I was trying to learn how to dance. It's weird and hard in some ways cause I never had classes before and I guess in some ways I was thinking that I knew enough basics and I've been finding this last week that my style is more jazz and such than I thought. The classes themselves have been really good and brought up different things that I didnt realize were even issues. I think a few things that I struggle with is not distancing myself when something is making me feel nervous or upset. Like if I feel that people are getting to close to me, I just distance myself and I know that I've been doing that a little this week. It's like I enjoy being included in the different things, but whenever I'm not, I really dont mind because I need time for myself. Anyway, I would say that there were definitely a lot of things that stuck out at me this week and now I feel like I know for sure that God wants me to be working more with my thoughts, and truly learning to let people love me since that's something that I've struggled with. I always thought I accept it really well but the last couple days have shown me that I accept it to a point. I think the thing that I'm not used to here is the total acceptance. I dont feel judged for the most part (so far haha) and people actually want to be around me which I'm not used to. Something my teacher told me that I've really struggled with is that I need to learn not to compare myself with others and I need to learn not to be so insecure. It wasn't really said directly at me but I know it was something said to the class as a whole. I can do a lot better than I give myself credit for and I'm seeing that often times we limit ourselves more than the actual reality would. I kind of had a weird dream last night that I dont really remember what the exact topic was or what all was happening, but I know that it had to do with how I was fearing something and then it turned out not to be so bad. I remember someone was scolding me and saying that deep down I had known all along that things were going to be ok and that I had been fearing for nothing. I dont know if that really has a meaning or not but I would like to think it does. Anyway, I could get so carried away but I'm going to try to write more on the actual lessons I've been learning this week in my more general blog which relates a lot more to the things of my school. I hope you all are blessed in reading my posts and that you have a great night! I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment