Popular Posts

Thursday, December 27, 2012

The Best Gifts in Life :)

This month has been a big and crazy one for me. A lot of you who know me really well already know this, but on the 12th of the month I went Christmas shopping with my mom at Clackamas Town Center. What I never thought of or expected to experience for that or any other day for that matter, were the potential last moments of my life. I was involved in a shooting that took place only a few feet away from where my mom and I were at. Some who weren't present that day might say that it was luck or a coincidence but I completely believe firmly that God saved my mom's and my life that day. I think this because 1) the shooter intended to kill all of us. He had three guns and plenty of magazines (the things that hold bullets). In fact, he was experienced with guns and one of them (the first one he used) was an automatic. Not only that, but he shot at least 60 times; the first being a warning and the rest were intended to get people. He wasn't shooting in random directions while screaming "you're all going to die" on purpose. For whatever reason (God) his gun kept missing 2) out of the hundred he was prepared to kill that day, only about 7 were shot and only 2 lost their lives. It may seem insignificant to anyone who wasn't there, but when you hear the facts you realize that it was a total miracle that only two lost their lives and the rest of us escaped. 3) the gunner's gun jammed when it had been working fine all the other times he had used it before that day and it jammed just in time for us to get out. 4) if this happened at any other mall my mom and I would've gone to that day, we wouldn't have been able to get away. 5) my mom and I almost chose to sit at a table that would've been 5 feet away from hi. 6) I had been wearing heals earlier that day and was planning to wear them to the mall but decided last minute to change into walkable shoes. Those things make me think God wanted me and the people there to be prepared. There were other facts too, but honestly it made me realize and truly understand in a new way that we have no say in how long we live. Only God does and only he can save us when we're in danger. I saw that often God protects us, not only physically but almost emotionally and spiritually and we almost never notice how many times he does that for us. We often think we're save and we never think that we might not make it to tomorrow or even the end of the current day. The fact is though, that one of these days, we wont get another tomorrow.I never thought I was at risk to dye young. I live a relatively safe life but something I know now more than ever is that if it's your time, it doesnt matter how safe you think you are, you'll leave this life. The flip side is true...that to matter how dangerous your life may be, if God isn't done with you yet, he WILL protect you. I started to see that there were things I thought I should worry about after what I expereiced didnt matter as much anymore and i was able to put things in better perspective. I saw that i really need to work harder in my relationships and dreams cause I knew that if I would've gone, that I wouldn't have been ready. I just the fact that I'm alive today is an amazing gift and I really hope and pray I never forget that awful day. I dont want to take any thing for granted. With the prediction of the end of the world and the shooting in Connecticut,I saw just how broken we are and how more now than ever we NEED TO RISE UP and tell people about God's love. It makes no difference if we have one more hour, day, week, month, year, or if there are decades before God comes back...or our lives end (whichever comes first). We need to live with the urgency that people need healing and God has given us what it takes to extend an invitation for people to experience that healing. If i didnt take it seriously, I do now. When you nearly lose your life and hear about dozens losing there's due to hurting and selfish people, it makes you see things way more differently. Life becomes more precious and even the bad days dont seem so bad cause you realize that at least you're alive and that all the hard times add to the person you;ll be come. Another huge gift I got was the opportunity to see my best friend after 2 years . We had such a fun time and although I'm saddened by the things that were gong on with both shootings that same week, I'm thankful for the time I got with her. I got to talk to my man a lot more too which I was s o thankful and really glad that we were able to talk more in depth. This Christmas, I'm blessed with life, a family, best friend I never though I'd have, a man who I love more deeply than I ever loved any other guy, and most importantly the love of an amazing savior who cares more than I could ever imagine. He gives me more chances then I deserve and delights in creating and bringing to reality dreams that are far more than I could ever come up with on my own. The gifts I received were meaningful and amazing but the things that really matter are far more valuable to me than any item anyone could ever purchase. Something I've seen this year too, is that the gifts from the heart are the most wonderful. Whether made or thought through greatly , no sticker could ever put a price on that and I am more blessed than I can comprehend. I hope you all were encouraged and that this makes some kind of impact in your life! God bless you this season. )

No comments:

Post a Comment