I want this to be a place where I share my thoughts on the things I love; whether something inspirational or random...and in doing so, I hope you will be encouraged and blessed from my posts! Much love, Kallayah :)
Popular Posts
Monday, October 17, 2011
Week 2!! :)
Welp time for another update! lol. :P Last week was one of the most successful weeks ever, I worked so hard with all of my goals and though I know I could've done so much better I know that it was a start and I got way more done than I thought I could. God is so good and every day he amazes me. It has been such a crazy past week but definitely good. Over the weekend, I was able to get together with a friend of mine that I hadn't seen in a while so it was good. Saturday was mainly filled with studying..and now just really hoping that I can retain everything. Going to retest and see if I have more review on one of the subjects. Did a different subject that is normally problematic for me but did pretty well;more than half the questions right and its been at least a year since I've last studied this so I was really surprised. Anyway, right now I'm thinking that I'm not going to take the test this month since I need at least a week in advance and there's no way I'm going to take the whole thing in one day-7am till 6pm, no way on this green earth. Saturday night my sis wanted me to drive her downtown Portland..the driving part I didn't like but the message at church was great. It was the story of the good Samaritan which I've heard several times, but there was something new that I got from it this time and that's what I love, when I can learn something new from a lesson I've heard multiple times. :) The main keys-learn to forgive someone that you've been holding a grudge against for a long time (or even just at all)point 2 was talking about getting involved in your community to really just serve the people you cross paths with..be willing to get dirty and do things that you normally wouldn't. Point 3 was talking about the importance of just being a friend to the people in your life..cause whether or not you realize it there may be someone who is hurting and you just may be the person God wants to use to save them. So very profound I thought. :) And then Sunday was the day that my dad was preaching at my parent's church and I thought it was a very good message. It was really nice to hear him speak after a couple years since the last time he got to. His message was about the different names of God and was just talking about how God is always going to keep his promises, he has a plan for our lives, and he is going to make something beautiful of our lives. There have been a couple things that happened over the weekend that have just really been having me think more of where I stand with my different beliefs so its been good for me to be sure. One thing I've been thinking about is just what it will take for me to learn how to NOT procrastinate, not make excuses with things, and not live in fear. So thankful I have a wonderful mentor and good friends to help me with that. I've also been asking myself what my main motivation for having a "relationship" with God is. Like is it based off of me only going to him when things aren't going well, or is it based off of the actual love that I have for him. I was thinking of all of the things I'm going to need to take care of before I would be ready for a relationship. I don't think its going to take that long at all, and am really excited to see where things go. One thing I've been struggling with is simply not getting easily frustrated with people. One thing I've realized in the past month is that I get really frustrated especially with guys that try to give me advice. The thing a lot of guys don't know, is that most of the time we simply just want to vent;to have someone listen. We already know what's wrong and we already know what we need to do to make it better. If we need help/want help, we will ask. Most men just go off and give advice and it comes off as them not really respecting us and not really caring about what is going on but always trying to be right and have a remedy to make things better, and its quite annoying actually. I'm not really mentioning this for any specific reason, its just been something my mom and I were talking about and if there are any guys out there that read this, I can guarantee things will go better with you and that special girl if you just try to listen more and instead of just giving advice..maybe ask her if there's any thing she needs help with,there are subtle ways of seeing if she wants advice without just being all up in her face. Anyway that is definitely something I'm thankful for with my brothers, and the man I care for..they don't know that about me I dont think..that I find it annoying when guys simply give advice without really asking, but somehow they just GET me. I think thats something that when especially guys get to know me better, they know how to work things. Anyway, this coming week is going to be interesting for sure. Going to have a lot of studying and so much just in general going on. Still thinking about whether or not it's going to work for me to make my trip work next month but I'm trusting God with that. Timing is everything and I just simply need to wait. Not too much else to say at the moment. Just a couple situations going on that I'm a little worried about but I know better than to fret over things that I don't know that much about. I know things will get better, I just hope its soon haha. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week so far. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment