Hi my friends! I just wanted to fill you all in on what’s
been going on the last however long its been since I last wrote ha. Basically,
2 weekends ago (the 19th) I went to a mission conference at my
church but I don’t remember if I wrote about that so I’m just gonna wait till
next time and if I forgot to write about it in one of my previous updates, I’ll
fill you all in. It was really wonderful and I learned a lot. I learned that we
really need to be following God more and that we shouldn’t be living for
ourselves. This past week has been super busy and kinda monumental in that I
was finally able to finish my application for the school I wanted to apply for,
and 3 days later got accepted!! So thankful and excited beyond my wildest
dreams, this is one of the biggest so if this comes together I will be so
happy. I do know though, that if this is really where God wants me that he’s
going to provide even though I have over $11,000 to raise and I have no idea
where the money is going to come from. Plus I have only a month to raise it all
ha. I wanted to share something else with you guys, something a little more
personal. The week after Christmas, I started working through a book written by
one of my favorite authors. I got the book at the library so I was trying to
finish writing down the ideas and such..but its basically a book that helps us
women prepare for marriage. Funny story is that I’ve seen this book at the library
before but never really picked it up. I’ve heard so many things on how to
prepare for marriage that I thought I didn’t need it cause I thought everything
that would be in there would be the same as what I heard already. But I just
felt like I was suppose to read it so I was like “well it cant hurt.” Believe
me when I say, this book has really change my life a lot. There are 12
chapters, and each one is about a different thing to pray for in your potential
future husband. I got the idea that since there are about 12 chapters, that I
want to make it a goal that for the rest of the year I’m going to pray through
the different characteristics. I scheduled on my calendar which week I do what,
and for now I’m starting with one characteristic a week and I’m already on week
5. It’s weird cause ever since I was a little girl, my mom taught me that I
should pray for my future husband, but this book has helped me to see that
praying for more specific things in his life will really help God work more in
his life to really knit him and I together more even if we don’t see it. Week
1, I started the week before new years, and it was about praying for your
future husband’s heart. It was talking about how important it is that you pray
that your future husband will come closer to God and that anything that is
keeping him from doing that needs to be dealt with so we can have a healthier
marriage and it was talking about how you need to pray that your future husband
will have a pure heart and that he cant be hiding things from God otherwise it
will make your relationship harder…whether you’re married already or if he’s
just a friend at the time. It was also saying that just like it’s important to
pray for that for your future husband, you need to make sure that there are
things in your life that you’re giving to God too and that you need to really
trust him by obeying him more. I learned that even if you’re just friends with
the guy God has for you, you need to make things right in your relationship if
you’re not completely honoring God with your lives because it will make you
guys stronger if you do. The 2nd week was praying for Him to be a
God lover and that means that he has to learn how to trust people so he can
open up to you, and trust God more also. I learned a lot from that chapter
too.:) 3rd week was praying for patience, that you and your future
husband will need to be pure in your relationship and so if you’re not, you
need to try to have standards together and be patient for the day you get
married to each other. The 4th week is about learning to understand
and praying that your future husband will be a man that seeks God when he has
problems or anything in life. It talks about how important it is that you work
on learning how to understand and not assume the worst in people or situations,
and that’s something I’ve been working on cause I really struggle with letting
people be close to me and sometimes I just push them away by ignoring them
because I sometimes assume the worst and I don’t really mean to…its just that
I’m scared because sometimes I don’t feel good enough. So anyway, those are the
things that I’ve been learning lately and its weird because I’m really seeing
in my life how God has been answering these prayers and I’m trusting that God
is doing this in my future husband’s life too. Its kinda weird cause some of
these things I might not find out about until after I get married, but its
really a wonderful thing to let God prepare my heart for that and just trust on
his time for things.
No comments:
Post a Comment