Popular Posts

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A constant walk of faith



Beginning of week 2 (a couple weeks ago now) ! God has really been helping me lately with learning a lot of lessons that I’ve been needing to learn for a while. So thankful how God always gives us the things that we need WHEN we need them. The first thing I want to share is one of my devotionals from yesterday: About how we’re never going to be alone or abandoned as long as God is in our lives. This really struck home with me cause I know what it feels like to be left and especially know what it feels like to be betrayed by someone you thought you were close to. The devotional was talking about the importance of connection and that when a connection is lost we feel a deep void and so we need to make sure that we’re not holding on too tight to close friends and family for fear of them leaving us, and also we need to let go of the fear that’s keeping us from being close to people if we tend to be more distant. The other devo from today was talking about the importance of doing our parts and moving outside our fears and stepping out into the unknown and trusting God to use our mistakes and failures for the best. It was really close to the other devotional and was definitely something that I needed to hear. I think I’m just learning more that God really does love me and that I’m not a throw away in his eyes even with all the times and ways that I’ve messed things up. I’m really trying even in just the last week to open up to people more and not live in fear. Its super scary cause I feel like there are a lot of risks that I’m making and going to have to make but things are going ok so far and really trusting God to help it stay that way. Here is something encouraging for any of you who are following God and having hard times: Hear me out, but having hard times is a good sign that we’re on the right track to following God because the devil wouldn’t bother us if we weren’t even a threat to him. Something else to remember is that the devil really doesn’t care WHEN he destroys you as long as it happens before the end of your life and he’s going to keep trying till you go to be with God. I personally think that the devil tries harder the more potential he sees in a situation for you to really make a difference for God’s kingdom. I share those things with you because often there are Christ followers who get all excited when nothing seems to go wrong for them for months and they never have struggles…and they say how blessed they are. I’m not saying that it’s a bad thing to have good days and weeks. I’m just saying that if you never have struggles in your life, that’s when you should be worried because it means that you’re not a threat to the devil anymore. I shared the part about the devil always trying to bring you down…because we have to remember that just cause we make it through one tough thing, doesn’t mean that the devil is just going to give up. We have to stay strong in our faith and we have to keep God as the core of our lives cause if and when we don’t, that’s when the devil gets the upper hand in our lives and we really have a choice of whether or not we let him have that. The other thing is that the devil likes to disguise himself so there will be times when he might be dragging you down and you might not know it. He’s going to convince you that whatever you’re going through or whatever negative things you’re thinking really aren’t that bad and if you dwell on those things, he will be able to change the way you think and eventually change the way you act as well because our thoughts turn into actions. This next week is going to be a crazy one since I’m starting to run out of time before I have to have everything I need for school so just praying that everything will come in and that if I’m not meant to do this, that God will lead me elsewhere or if I’m suppose to wait that God would give me patience and show me what I’m supposed to be doing now. I hope you were all encouraged and that you stay close to God this coming week! Love you all:)

No comments:

Post a Comment