Popular Posts

Monday, October 6, 2014

New Things Are Coming!!

Hi Friends! Happy Autumn. :)
I really believe there are so many amazing things to come in this season of fall. Normally, I'm not much of a fall person haha. I'm a summer girl, and close after is the season of spring. However, this year it seems like God has been showing me several amazing things that fall has. There really seems to be a theme of "New Beginnings" everywhere, even though you'd normally think of Spring being the season where you associate new things being born.

Have you ever had one of those days where you just really want or need to hear a word from God, and then at just the right moment, he gives you way more than you expected? I had a day like that yesterday, and I wanted to share that with you. :)
For starters, last week had just been super busy, and although there wasn't anything specific that caused me to feel so empty, I noticed that I was feeling really run down. Just a week where you need a little extra zap of inspiration and truth. So, yesterday I headed over to my parent's church after only being able to get 3 hours of sleep (no idea why hhaha). I mainly just wanted to be there with my parents as it was going to be their new pastor's first Sunday...and since I've been looking for a church recently, I thought it'd be worth trying. I had about an hour to myself before Sunday school started, since my parents were on the worship team this week. I was looking through my iPod for a verse to look up...and as I was going to find it, the pages fell to another book that I hadn't even been thinking about. The book of Amos. I noticed that the verses my eyes were drawn to just happened to be underlined in red, and as I began to read, tears started to spring to my eyes. This is what I saw:


In that day I WILL RESTORE David's fallen tent. I will repair its broken places, RESTORE its ruins and build it as it used to be, so that they may possess the remnant of Edom and ALL the nations that bear MY name, declares the Lord WHO WILL DO THESE THINGS...
I will BRING BACK my exalted people Israel; They will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I WILL PLANT Israel in their own land, NEVER AGAIN to be uprooted from the land I HAVE GIVEN them, says the Lord your God. ~Amos 9:11-15

The crazier thing, is that as I was reading this passage, there was a song playing with the words: He is hope, joy, peace, freedom RIGHT NOW. And then another song with lyrics that say how God is the one that guides our hearts  and that he is our hope and stay. Right after that passage in Amos, I found the famous Psalm 37 passage about delighting in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart and will guide your path. :)

My dad was actually the one teaching the Sunday school class this week, and God just continued poring more into me. :) It was a passage from 2 Timothy. I want to go over the lesson more in detail another time, but the main thing that stood out was how God is faithful in everything, no matter what. The message given by the new pastor was mainly about what it means to really truly be a believer versus just having the relationship title with God.

My hope in writing this, is that no matter what life looks like for you right now, whether good or bad, that you know that your life has purpose and that God really does want to talk to you and reveal things to you. That as long as you really try to give your best to live for Him, he will see the efforts rather than the results. You're going to experience such a different and incredible way of living, when you choose to take God for all that he is, rather than just the parts that are easy to understand. I've been learning so much lately, and it's so amazing to me how God CHOOSES to love us. He's not obligated to, and he really DOES care. We just need to really speak that truth over our lives. :) Be blessed, and until next time I hope you all have a great night or day whenever you read this! God is doing a new thing, believe it!! :)

Kallayah

No comments:

Post a Comment