Hi friends! With it being the weekend of my birthday, Ithought I'd share some things I believe God has shown me!! ^_^
First, some may ask "What's the big deal about birthdays? It's just another day and you're another year older, so why is that special?" I used to wonder that myself and yet at the same time I really believe that birthdays should be cherished. It's the day that God wanted you to arrive on earth. I'm learning that God isn't as coincedential as we might think. He had a specific reason why he chose for Jesus to be born on the day he was. Somewhere (Matthew, Mark etc) in the Bible it talks about how at just the right time, Jesus was born. It wasn't just some day God picked out of the hat. Same for us. Why does he pick those days? What would it matter if we had been born a day sooner or even a minute later? For some reason, it falls perfectly in line with everything. We usually just think of why it woukd effect us but somehow I think it's a bigger picture than that. Did you know that numbers have special meanings? The number 8 for example, part of the meaning is "New Beginnings". The thing that's so interesting to me, is I was originally supposed to be an August baby. But clearly for those who know me well, know I'm a July baby. And the day has an "8" in it. That makes me think I wasn't supposed to be born a few days later like "planned". I might never really know this side of heaven all of the reasons as to why I was born that day, but I know it's special. I also know that each of us have beautiful stories to tell, and some already told. With each year we get to discover and then show the world more of who God is!
Some things I think he told me: Birthdays are a celebration of the life God has given. Some of us might feel that it's stupid to celebrate after the 21st...until you get to 30. And I'm not suggesting you go all out and have a huge party. I think we should celebrate in a way that's personal to us..something a little more than we'd do on any other day. It could be something as simple as cake and ice cream. The point is, I think some feel that aging is bad. Or silly...and you know what? I think the enemy might be semi influencing those thoughts because he hates life and all things joy-filled. Something I learned about two Decembers ago, is that we don't always get tomorrow. We unconsciously think we do. We think we get to live to be 85 and that anyone who lives shorter than that was robbed and that God is somehow unfair. We don't realize that 1) God didn't create or agree with death. And 2) he decides a person's life span with a bigger picture than "Let me see who I can make miserable when a loved one passes". 2 years ago I woke up thinking I was going to work and afterwards I'd go Christmas shopping with my mom. That night I was crying and shaking in shock cause my life had nearly been taken away. I just assumed I had till I was 85. I then realized that every day is a gift and each birthday only happens cause God planned it when he created me. Suddenly, life becomes a treasure. Something I'm reminded of, is how he has amazing plans for us. He cares more about our future than we could ever begin to want to! And I think he gets the biggest smile when we celebrate the life he has given. I'll have more on this later, but I hope this helps you realize how special you are, how special we all are...and that there's a reason why we're on this earth. I believe God would love to show you if he hasn't already!! :)
Blessings
No comments:
Post a Comment