I want this to be a place where I share my thoughts on the things I love; whether something inspirational or random...and in doing so, I hope you will be encouraged and blessed from my posts! Much love, Kallayah :)
Popular Posts
Monday, March 25, 2013
Step By Step
I'm trying my best to update more haha! :) I just wanted to fill you all on what I've been learning the last few days. Something that God has really been showing me is that often times I see a situation and rather than focusing on today, I start worrying about tomorrow or what could happen a month from now. It's weird how God uses simple things in life; like Facebook :P I keep seeing these picture photos and they all seem to have the messages that I need to hear. Take for instance : Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway. Or: You dont have the strength for tomorrow yet because you're living for today. Pass the test for today, then when tomorrow comes God will give you the strength for that day. One day at a time. And then a quote that I've seen before but needed a reminder of: You dont have to see the whole staircase. Just take the first step. So the first one, shows me that we need to be focusing not only on the destination but the journey as well. We need to be remembering that at least God is providing for us and even though we would like to see what could be behind all the other doors, we need to praise him on the way cause that part is just as important and maybe more so because if we dont learn the lessons along the way, we're not going to fully appreciate the beauty of the place we reach at the end and might not be strong enough to handle it. This is a big one for me today because it's showing me that even though I really dont know what's next, I see how God is providing for now and I'm learning to praise him. How many times do we get so focused on where we want to go that we look at each accomplishment and brush it aside like it's nothing and think "Oh that would've worked out anyway" and then we move on to the next thing we want God to help us with? I know I'm really guilty of that. We dont stop to realize that there was once a time where the step we're at now was in the midst of all the things we were worrying we'd never be able to reach. The next quote reminds me of the verse ( somewhere in Matthew:P ) where it talks about not worrying about tomorrow because today has enough worries of it's own and how worrying doesnt add anything to our lives. I learned at my church that worrying is basically saying through our actions, that we dont trust God to be who He says he is. There is a reason why tomorrow feels so overwhelming..we're not supposed to deal with it yet and yet I think we worry like the Israelites that we're not going to have enough "manna" for tomorrow so we try to take care of as much as we can now. It's funny how a lot of these things are clicking in my head the more I talk about them haha. :P But ya we worry "what about tomorrow" when really the beauty of the future is that it really only comes one day at a time...and what a gift that is that we dont have to face the things that will take place a month from now all at once, today! So that's one I'm trying to remind myself a lot of cause I've been going sometimes a full 48 hours with only 2 hours of sleep here and there. The last quote kind of goes with that a little-that you dont have to see the whole picture, just take the next step. Sometimes we think we have to have it all figured out before we even move forward and I know I for one, do that a lot! Just the next step. I think it's because we live in a world where everything has to happen NOW that we dont understand what patience and truly trusting in GOD's timing means. So there's still a lot that I have to do if I'm going to live this dream...and it's only going to happen if it's truly God's call for my life and what He has for me at this time. The thing I've heard is that you need to make sure you are giving your best to God and even if it's seemingly small...God can do a lot with it. Just trust him to do the rest. I wont lie, its a little intimidating and discouraging to see how hard I've been trying and then someone comes along and they just do one little thing and then bam things are going great for them and yet I'm still trying to put things together. That's where we need to remember that this is our own race and its between us and God. We shouldn't be looking beside us or behind either. Ahhh so yes, these are my lessons I've learned in just a short time. :) Blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment