Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Weekend in Canadia!

This past weekend marked my last summer wedding! I had one of the best weekends this summer-headed out on Thursday and went to a free concert at Elizabeth park. It was so much fun and it was a neat experience since it was the first time (that I remember) going to a free concert at a local park. My cousin and I decided to have a girls night out with our moms, and my youngest sister. Other than the concert we didn’t really do that much ahah my mom and aunt were insistent on showing my cousin, sister, and I their elementary, and high school as well as some of the houses they used to live in. It was really fun going to the high end of the city of Blaine and looking at extremely nice houses;the kind that reminded me of the white house in the movie The Notebook, if you know what I mean lol. The next day was probably one of my favorites, since my cousin and her husband took me out shooting. I got to learn how to shoot a shotgun for the first time, since all other times I’ve gone shooting its been a hunting gun haha. It was so fun. Then went to my other cousin (the bride’s) house and we went on a walk one last time…which brought up a lot of memories since when she and I were younger we would always walk around her and my neighborhoods, so it was a great time. Then it was time for rehearsal and the dinner. The Bachelorette party was another highlight since my cousin had no idea we were even going to have a party for her. We mainly just did girly things that we’ve not done in forever-painted our nails, watched wedding flicks, and ate tons and tons of candy aha. The next day was semi stressful cause we found out the night before that there were no CD players available for the wedding, so we had to set up some play lists from scratch and even though I am sure that the first dance/father and daughter dance wasn’t how my cousin originally wanted I hope that it was still good :) I was so honored to have been able to be a bridesmaid and be there for her on her big day. Over all I would say it was a good weekend, plus the day before leaving I was able to get together with my mentor at the park and have a talk about life. I am finding that I have been feeling more lonely and just unsure of my future now with the new updates on moving and what not. Talking to Saundra really brought clarity to how I should be doing things. Also have been learning that I really can’t let fear control me and even though that’s a given its really hard for me to live it out. In the area of relationships, there have been some new developments and honestly have no idea how things are going to turn out. Made a realization about 2 days before leaving for the wedding that things aren’t what they should be with one of the relationships I am considering and so that has had be worried a little. I have this thing where I have to be in control of near EVERYTHING. I feel like my life is going no where but honestly am realizing that I shouldn’t be basing my success in the future off of whether or not my plans that I have now, work out. So that is the update for now. I have found, however that I am making some steps forward in the confidence area-something that I had been worrying about the last post I put up. God is always good, that I know. He puts dreams in our hearts for a reason and sometimes we’re not ready for the things he has for us-hence why sometimes he makes us wait longer than we want. There’s a quote that has really encouraged me and something I truly believe on how God answers our prayers: He either answers yes, which gives us what we want. No, which gives us something better, or wait, which gives us the best. :-)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment