Popular Posts

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tonight... :)

So just some thoughts this weekend:had SO much fun with my aunt even though she was here for a very short time.Good news,she'll be back in July on the 1st!Some bummers of the day:Have 3 good friends that I've known at least since senior year that are moving to Orlando tomorrow & today was their farewell party;& I couldnt make it.Also totally missed out on a good friends 21st birthday party due to my phone being lame so I felt bad about that & just hoping she & I can party it up here soon to make up for lost time.Also have been thinking a lot about my old school that is shutting down,therefore most of my old teachers are most likely losing their jobs & I guess a lot of students are having to relocate.So really hoping I can make it to that farewell party. :)
Part 2:Thinking a lot about love & relationships lately since I've been getting together with my mentor,talking with another bestie & of course love is always on my mind anyway. :P Hoping this will encourage some of you out there,here's what I've been learning:Love isn't at all a feeling;but a choice. Whether romantically or with friends/family it's a choice whether or not you love someone.The feelings are just the frosting to the cake. Love is seeking out the other person's absolute best even if it doesnt include you or would possibly complicate things for your life.That's something that's really hard for me,since I've been realizing that when I "love" someone,honestly I'm thinking of how can I make this person want to be close to me,not what would be the best for them in this situation.In the relationship category, I've learned that if someone I would think of dating doesnt have any of the different fruits of the spirit (see Galations,sorry I forgot which chapter),then they're not right for me.Also,group dates if done by choice (like if you have an option of doing one on one) is actually key to failure for the relationship cause its not an intimate environment at all.Another thing:if you are dating just to have more fun,get to know someone better etc,then you're dating for the wrong reasons & you can still have fun & hangout but within a friendship.Another given that hasn't been so obvious to me till now is that either you're dating or you're not.There's no in between.If someone is making time for me, talking to me a lot & whatnot,we're together even if thats not what he or I think.If that makes sense.Yet another thing,is making a "must have list" isnt a good idea either cause often if you focus on what you NEED,God will add the things you want in there but if you're following him.Make a list of what you Cant have in someone & God will show you the rest since often he shows us what he doesnt want for us before he shows what his will is.So for now,that is all I have to say.Hope that helps in some shape or form..I will definitely have more coming & yes the pics I promised are coming up. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment